Sunday, May 25, 2008

"I'm not even scared!"




We took Ted's training wheels off his bike last summer because his friends were learning to ride without them and he thought he did too. He was able to do it a couple days but he was too worried about falling so then he didn't want to ride his bike at all. This spring, I put the training wheels back on hoping that it would build up his confidence enough that he'd be ready later this summer.


Today, he said he was ready to get them off. He had been practicing and getting both training wheels off the ground so we knew he was really ready this time. Ted didn't hesitate once I got the training wheels off the bike. He took off and was riding all around the cul-de-sac. He was saying "whoo hoo!" and "I'm not even scared!" We knew he could do it. Ted and I went for a bike ride this afternoon and he did a great job. We're so excited that he can do this now. I'll have to get used to the bike trailer and Bob's bike so we can do that this summer during the week.


No comments: