Monday, June 30, 2008

wow, this summer is going by quickly!

I can't believe June is done. We've been busy with baseball games and swimming lessons for 2 weeks. Ted played baseball tonight and then is off until next week when they play 4 games (2 regular and 2 playoff). It's amazing to see how much all of the kids have improved since they started a few weeks ago. Ted played pitcher and catcher tonight and sat out one inning. It was cute when he was catcher tonight. He collected the balls thrown and was fairly focussed on that. Well, when the ball was hit he went up to the homeplate like he should in case someone threw the ball to him. When the kids ran toward home, he tried to tag them with one of the extra balls. Some of the kids looked a little puzzled. Their teammates had hit it past the row of players in the field and it would have been surprising to get the ball home that quickly.

One of the players on Ted's team is also the oldest of 3 boys. His baby brother is 13 months and was there tonight too. Toward the end of the game, the baby came up to me and wanted me to hold him. I picked him up and he was happy and content in my arms. Nate looked a bit concerned, though. After I put the friend down, I picked Nate up to let him know he wasn't being replaced. He was happy to know it.

No comments: