Tuesday, August 26, 2008

He's finally adding more foods to his diet

Ted actually ate 1/2 a cheeseburger for dinner tonight. I can't believe it. He was our pb&j 3 times a day kid. At least he was consistent on always liking that. Whenever we've tried to get him to try something new, he's always resisted. We've had to back off and let him do things in his own time. When school started last week, I gave him the option of eating the school lunch or bringing a lunch. I made his lunch the first day but he's wanted to eat hot lunch since then. They offer pb&j each day and I thought last year that's what he'd be eating every day if he bought lunch. He's eaten the hot dog, chicken patty, hamburger, and grilled cheese there, though. He's also been trying things at the salad bar there. He even tried dill pickles tonight when he saw that Nate was eating them and liking them. He said he liked it but didn't want any more. It's a start.

I hope this isn't just a short phase that means he's growing right now and he'll go back to being picky again soon. He's given me hope like this before although he usually keeps the new foods on his list of acceptable foods. I think I'll still cross my fingers, though.

No comments: