Thursday, February 16, 2012

Curious Nate

I am really enjoying this time with Nate before he heads off to kindergarten next year. I know I'm going to miss the little chatterbox. He loves to talk and ask questions.

On Monday, he learned that Doug died after a tractor fell on him. Before this, I had only told him it was an accident. I wasn't sure if he was ready to know the whole truth. He seems to be doing ok, though. He was still excited to go to his tractor class this morning too.

After his class, we went to the post office and then decided to get lunch before taking the van for an oil change. I opted for the McDonald's closest to the dealer. As I was parking, Nate asked, "Are you sure this is a real McDonald's?" I guess it looked a little different and he wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to slide something past him.

Nate also asked me today about the day that Daddy picked him up from daycare. It's been a couple weeks now and this is the first time he has asked me about that. I told him that was the day that Lana's husband, Doug, died. I know he is a smart boy but it still amazes me when he asks something that I wouldn't have expected him to still be thinking about.

No comments: