Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Check ups

It was time to see Dr. Chris. I hadn't done any of the well child visits for the boys so we did all of them today. They're all doing great, of course. Nate is 22 lbs and 30 3/4 inches long. His head is 19 in (90th percentile). Harry is 36 lb and 41 3/4 inches tall. I don't remember Ted's stats because it wasn't written down for me. I think he's about 48 lbs and 47 1/2 inches tall. All 3 of them were around 50th percentile for weight and 75th for height.

Dr. Chris commented that it's interesting to see them acting so much like you'd expect with birth order. The 2nd child typically talks more. Harry was a chatterbox the whole time the dr was checking Ted and asking him questions. The oldest is usually high-strung. That's typically Ted.

Dr. Chris asked Ted a few questions about what he likes to do and what he likes to eat. I was sort of glad that he answered honestly that he'd rather eat candy than vegetables. Last year, he responded he'd rather eat carrots instead of candy. I didn't have any big questions about Ted. The doctor said we've done a really good job with him. That's always nice to hear, especially when we're going through a major testing phase with him at home.

When it was Harry's turn, I asked the dr. about him doing his falling down routine. He will act like he is too weak to do things like get dressed or put away his clothes or wash his hands. Dr. Chris said it's normal for him to regress to baby-like behavior at this age still. While I was talking, Harry was up on the exam table rolling his eyes and giving me funny looks. It cracked me up!

Nate was taking more steps at a time today. He's getting more confident and the dr. said he's doing really well walking. I love it when they learn something new and smile and laugh with pride. We tried to get pictures of him tonight but I think he was too tired. He got shots today and screamed while getting them but then did fine.

It was Bob's birthday today. We went to Red Robin for dinner so Bob could get his free burger. Ted was upset about not getting to play with his friends today but he did ok once we got to the restaurant. Harry told the waitress a couple times that it was his daddy's birthday. Bob also got a free sundae. While the waiters were singing, Harry looked at the sundae and then up at Bob. It was so sweet. I wish I could better describe the love I saw (partially due to wanting some of the yummy sundae). We also had cake and ice cream and sorbet when we got home.

No comments: