Friday, October 17, 2008

Something up his nose

I bought a couple perler bead kits last week and Ted and Harry were working on them today while Nate was napping. Harry put a perler bead up his nose and then couldn't get it out. This was the first foreign object up the nose for us. I didn't panic since I knew this had happened to several other moms before and there was a special trick to get it out. I logged into an online moms group and did a search to find the right thread. I had Harry breathe in through his mouth and then blow out. When he did that, I covered his mouth and his other nostril. The only problem was that he was standing and I couldn't cover his mouth enough to prevent him from blowing out that instead of his nostril. He's able to blow his nose so I then told him to take a big breath through his mouth and then breathe out through his nose. After a couple tries (I covered his mouth and nostril again), he managed to blow it out. Luckily there wasn't too much drama and the boys got their little projects done before Nate woke up.

No comments: